- Teacher leadership
- Paid yearlong residencies for future educators
- Collaborative team mentored by high-quality educators in data analysis and rigorous instructional planning
- Continual refinement and strengthened of the process by educators
LEARN MORE ABOUT STRATEGIC STAFFING!
Teacher leaders share excellent teaching, planning, and strategies while building relationships with more students and leading and supporting a team of teachers. Teacher leaders receive professional development in learning the art of coaching while earning more pay.
TEACHER LEADER TENETS:
- Believes all students can learn.
- Wants to lead from the classroom.
- Helps other teachers grow.
- Impacts the dreams of future educators with mentoring in planning and modeling.
The La Vega Strategic Staffing model offers innovative team-based roles that allow teachers to lead from the classroom, learn on the job, pursue teaching excellence , in collaborative teams, and earn more for reaching more students. If you are committed to high standards of excellence, teamwork, and student impact, join us!
APPLICATIONS WILL OPEN IN MARCH!
- HOW DID THE CONCEPT BEGIN?
- ARE THERE OTHER SCHOOLS USING THIS SAME STRATEGIC STAFFING MODEL?
- WHY DID THIS DISTRICT IMPLEMENT THIS STRATEGY?
- HOW DO YOU KNOW STRATEGIC STAFFING IS GOOD FOR STUDENTS?
- HOW DO I GET SELECTED?
- HOW AM I SUPPORTED IN THESE NEW ROLES?
- AN "MCL" SOUNDS SIMILAR TO AN INSTRUCTIONAL COACH/FACILITATOR. WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
- HOW AM I EVALUATED AS AN "MCL"?
- WHAT IS A MASTER TEAM REACH TEACHER?
- HOW AM I EVALUATED AS A TEAM REACH TEACHER?
- WHAT DOES A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A TEAM TEACHER LOOK LIKE?
- HOW IS A REACH ASSOCIATE DIFFERENT FROM A TRADITIONAL TEACHING ASSISTANT?