Parental Engagement Team
La Vega ISD recognizes that effective school-family partnerships (Family Engagement) are critical to student learning and success in school. Research shows that students receive the following benefits from a collaborative partnership with the school, the family and the community: higher grades and test scores, higher attendance and homework completion, fewer placements in special education, more positive attitudes and behavior, higher graduation rates, and greater enrollment in post-secondary education. The gain for families includes: improved understanding of their child’s development, improved ability to parent, improved ability to assist their children with school and learning, and improved relationships among all. The La Vega ISD Family Engagement Team was involved in the development of a District Wide Family Engagement Plan that will address the following topics.
- Facilitate Family-to-Family Support
- Establish a Network of Community Resources
- Increase Family Partnerships
- Equip Families to Enhance and Extend Learning
- Develop Staff Skills in Supporting Families
- Evaluate Family Engagement Efforts for Continuous Improvement